"JETO" is an acronym of "Japan Earthquake & Tsunami Orphans".
“JETO” shows our decision that we will support orphans living in Miyagi whose parents were lost by the huge earthquake and tsunami, which hit the Tohoku area of the Eastern Japan on 11 March, 2011.
Objective of our organization
Our organization was originally established on 1 May, 2011, voluntarily by some members of Seigetsuki Inc. with its representative as a proposer and was legally registered as a Non-Profit-Organization on 2 Feb., 2012.
About JETO Miyagi
- Name : JETO Miyagi
- Zip Code : 983-0035
- Address : 2-5-4 Hinode-machi, Miyagino-ku, Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
- Phone : +81-22-782-0303
- Fax : +81-22-782-5778
- Chairman : Hironori Sugawara, Representative of Seigetsuki Corpotation
Activities of our organization
The huge earthquake and tsunami, which hit the Tohoku area of the Eastern Japan on 11 March, 2011, made more than 120 children be orphans in Miyagi, Japan. Our organization has decided to support 84 children among them.
- to provide fixed amount of financial support towards orphans every year until they become 19 years old.
- to help orphans to enter school and study abroad.
- to assist orphans in getting jobs.
- to take care of orphans’ worries and problems in their daily lives.